I worked hard on making competition dance. Before tryouts I had to dance every day for five weeks. Each day we would focus on something new. One day we would do intensive stretch and we would practice other things too - like leaps and turns, musical theater, jazz, ballet and tap. The intensive stretch really helped. At the beginning of the year I did not have my splits down, but I do now. Five weeks later, we had tryouts. They called me two weeks after the tryouts and said I made the team. Right now I am working on my backbends and back walkovers. For my backbends I crawl down the window until I touch the ground. I look forward to working hard all year.
Have a smiley day!!!!
Marley
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Marley Moo, I always knew you were a hard worker and would make the dance line. Papa and I were so proud of you! Remeber, dream big, work hard, and good things will happen! Love, Nana (Did you know that Papa's nickname for me is Smiley, too?)
ReplyDeleteHey Miss Smiley Face~
ReplyDeleteYou were a champ at all the hard work you put into your tryouts. We never had a doubt that you wouldn't make the competition dance team. There aren't many 8 year olds that would give up 3-4 each day during their summer vacation to work as hard as you did and we are very, very proud of you!! You look like a professional dancer as well as very elegant in your picture! Hope your week is filled with smiles and giggles. Love, Gramma
Hey Miss Smiley Face~
ReplyDeleteOops! I forgot to put in hours after 3-4!
Now my comment should make more sense! Sorry 'bout that. Love Ya Gramma
Moo -
ReplyDeleteI loved seeing you work so hard at dance and to be rewarded for it. It is a great lesson in life; if you really want something work hard for it, never give up and great things will happen (maybe not the first time around but always keep at it. I see you working so hard in school as well. Your reading and writing are outstanding. This blog is a great way to make things fun too as you're learning. I'm so proud of you.
- DAD